If you are looking for an iconic Mid-Century Modern chair to grace your home…..here it is! This is a fabulous vintage example of a DAX fiberglass arm shell chair designed by Charles Eames and his wife, Ray, for Herman Miller. This example is in my favorite color of elephant hide gray with definite fiberglass textural markings. It has its original paper Herman Miller patent label but no other markings and a black H base. Which we have given a fresh coat of black paint. It has some very unusual glides. We have yet been unable to find this glide on any other chair, or a reference to it. So, do not know if they are original or something the original owner requested, as is possible. This shell armchair is in fabulous condition and ready to use. Make it yours!
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
Elephant Hide Gray Eames Herman Miller Molded Fiberglass DAX Arm Shell Chair H Base
Awesome example of the Charles and Ray Eames DAX fiberglass arm shell chair for Herman Miller. It is in elephant hide gray with a black H base and unusual glide feet. It retains a paper label but no other markings. And is in wonderful vintage condition with a badly needed fresh coat of black paint on the base. Circa 1960s-1970s.
- Height – 31 Inches
- Width – 25 Inches
- Depth – 23 Inches
- Seat Height – 16.5 Inches
- Arm Height – 25.25 Inches
- Inside Seat Width – 12 to 16 Inches
- Inside Seat Depth – 16.5 Inches
- Inside Back Height – 15.5 Inches
- Weight – 11.2 Pounds
- Height – 36 Inches
- Width – 29 Inches
- Depth – 27 Inches
- Weight – 30 Pounds